Crocheting flowers is fun, easy and quick! It turns a pretty blanket into a unique piece. You can get creative with flower placement and make your baby blanket distinct! Using neutral colors , traditional girl colors or even traditional boy colors and adding flowers you can turn any color combination into a baby blanket for a girl.
Here are the steps for a crocheted flower:
1. Create a slip knot, chain 4, and slip stitch into first chain to form a ring.
2. Chain 3 (this will count as your first double crochet), then 15 double crochet into the ring and join with a slip stitch in top of chain 3.
3. Chain 1, single crochet in first stitch, 6 double crochet in next stitch ( this will complete the first petal).
4. Skip the next stitch, single crochet in next stitch, 6 double crochet in next stitch ( that will make your second petal).
5. Repeat #4 three more times for a five petal flower.
6. Join with a slip stitch in the first single crochet and fasten off.